Friday, July 20, 2007

Fashion Show

Isn't our life like a fashion show on a runway? I Sam. 16:7 says its only God who is truly looking on the heart. It is man who looks on the outward appearance. Just think on how everyone waits for the bride to come down the isle to see what she is wearing. How we look is truly important to God, how he dresses up His earth. In Africa I see the most stunning colors, vibrant birds. This earth screams the excellence of God. I want to place in a poem today. I borrowed it from Pastor Sandy Ward. I will be reading it at a fashion show:

IT IS OUR LIGHT, AND NOT OUR DARKNESS WE ARE MOST AFRAID OF, WE ASK OURSELVES WHO AM I TO BE BEAUTIFUL, TALENTED, EDUCATED, SUCCESSFUL. A BETTER QUESTION WOULD BE, WHO AM I NOT TO BE.
WE WERE BORN TO DEMONSTRATE THE GREATNESS OF GOD IN US. AND IT IS NOT IN JUST SOME OF US, BUT ALL OF US. OUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD. IT IS ONLY WHEN WE ALLOW OUR LIGHT TO SHINE, THAT WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHERS AROUND US THE RIGHT TO DO LIKEWISE.

We are going in to Zim soon. Power is never guaranteed, so we may not be able to update. Please keep writing us though.

Love,
Pastor Cindi

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that poem! I hope someone will be able to record a bit of the fashion show, we'd love to see it! love you so much!

Pastor Cindi said...

Jaclyn ..you are too much! Thank you for your excitement about every detail of our trip .. we love you it is 1;00in the morning wake goes at 6;00 . So I must sleep.Love you so much Pasotr Cindi

Cher said...

No place like home. All is very well and good.

God is wonderful, he made everything so beautiful. I can see how the Lord would allow you to see his handie work. As my eyes were opened in Africa in 2006. I can see him showing you more & more on each travel.
The peom is so beautiful.

Well you get your rest in between all the fashion show runs =).

Colleen you get your rest sweetie too. Our Lord rested with his 12 you rest with my sister.

Colleen,( Father in heaven, I see you pouring your anointion upon Little Colleen and causing her make progress and move forward daily, I see both Pastor Cindi and Colleen walking in victory every where their travels aretaking them in the Name of Jesus Christ!).

Sister I see the time. Not much sleep/ rest. Remember what was spoken over you. YOU BOTH need to rest so that Our Abba Father can use you beautiful women.

Love you and miss you,
Love you much, sweet kisses comming at you, all over your face, close your eyes, can you feel the little kisses i am giving you?
Me

Cher said...

Hay! Little sister.
Checking in on you.
You are always on my mind,thats what friends are for.

How is our Lord Blessing you and Collen?

Havent heard from you is a couple of days. Today being Monday (evening) the 23rd of July.

Sweet Blessings to you both.
Love Ya Always.

Anonymous said...

Hi pastor Cindi! Tell my mommy I said hello! Nice website!

Love Terri Haggard (Sandy's daughter)

Pastor Cindi said...

Cher My dear love thank you for the loving support..

Pastor Cindi said...

Cher My dear love thank you for the loving support..

daisy odecho said...

Am Daisy from Kenya and since i listened and watched you in an interview on one of the tv stations i was inspired and built.I would just love to attend any of your ministries in Kenya.