Sunday, November 15, 2009

Its time to care about people!

I went to get my nails done at the local parlor. As I sat there, a man about 80 years old got off of the city bus, came in, and sat down in the salon. Lindsey, the women who runs the shop, came over to the gentleman. She sat down on a stool in front of him so he didn't have to move. She took off his shoes and proceeded to speak to him with such respect and honor. As he went to pay her for cutting his toenails, he reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet. When he handed her the money she said, "oh no, that is too much, that is a fifty dollar bill". She said, "now lets put that back, you need to make sure you do not mix up your money". Next she said, "let me call for your city transportation and while you are sitting here I will trim your fingernails so you won't have to pay to come again next week". She helped him out. I praised her for the gentleness and respect in which she treated the man. She simply responded by saying, "he can't see well and I don't want him to lose his money". I told her that the way she honored and cared for him was beautiful. I was so touched. Then she astounded me with this statement: "I have to treat him as though he were my own grandpa. That is the only way to live in blessings." Wow! Wow! She got it. Don't you think it is time to show we care about people? Reach out, start treating the elderly as though they were the most important person in your life; instead of as though they are just in the way. I love my parents! I adore them! They are a gift and they are wisdom. They are priceless! Please look at the gifts that are right in front of you... while you have them. Open your hearts to love, love, love. It wins every time!

Exodus 20:12 "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you."

I send love to all of you.

Pastor Cindi

No comments: